“The only thing that is constant is change.”
Change isn’t optional and as part of an ever-changing global market we need to learn how to adapt and move proactively with change rather than to react to it in a disproportionate and negative way. Left unchecked, poor reactions to change can result in poor communication, conflict and a significant drop in staff performance. This course is designed to encourage people to understand & manage their response to change – boosting morale and productivity whilst providing them with the tools to have clearer change conversations and overcoming conflict.
Who is it for?
Individuals, particularly managers who want to facilitate positive change and learn strategies for effective communication during the change cycle.
Course content to include…
- Course overview & personal objectives
- Experiencing change first hand
- Why organisational change happens
- Individual responses to change
- The change curve
- Chimp Management – managing anger
- Handling conflict conversations
- The AGREE model:
- Acknowledging conflict
- Setting Ground Rules
- Reframing negative situations & attitudes,
- Exploring options to move forward
- Evaluating next steps
By the end of the course learners will be able to…
- Manage change in a constructive & positive manner
- Utilise tangible techniques to facilitate change in self and others
- Develop effective strategies to facilitate change