Reports are the extension of the individual presenting them as well as a representation of the organisation. This course is designed to ensure delegates come away with a clear structure & framework to plan and prepare their reports. They will learn how to do this in a consistent manner, to clearly convey their messages to the intended recipients in a professional way.
Who is it for?
For individuals who are new to report writing or wish to gain an understanding of best practice.
Course content to include…
- Basic principles of report writing
- Review examples of good & bad reports
- Structuring a business report
- Planning & preparation
- Setting report objectives
- Considering the reader(s)
- Generating ideas
- Gathering information & organising content
- Outlining your report
- Report writing best practice
- Editing and revision
- Report presentation
By the end of the course learners will be able to…
- Plan & prepare reports to meet with intended outcomes
- Create reports that convey the relevant material using a consistent structure
- Review and edit their reports effectively